how-does-it-matter

Friday, July 04, 2008

Religion and the Art of loosing

They say everybody is born for a particular purpose. May be purpose of my life is to demonstrate others that lesser mortals like human beings don’t have right to wish, to decide. God has given only the right of karma, fruit He has withheld from lesser mortals in His control. We may have something (which we can consider winning), but that is just like begging given to mendicants. I lost again and again and then again until I realized that losing is my destiny. Life has already made all decisions of my life; I had no right of anything in my life. I had no role in choice of my parents, my siblings. Later on I realized, I even don’t have liberty over my friends, colleagues, relatives.

The art of loosing made it easy for me to accept all my defeats, routs, vanquishes. It made it easy for me to realize futility of my existence. This art is not pristine or developed by me. It was there from the starting of evaluation of humankind itself. But as euphemism, (since it may look huge embarrassing for us human beings to accept the truth) we call it religion. Almost all religion teach us to come to the shelter of some unknown force (known as God in language of theists) and that force will take care of all these problems, mysteries unsolved by the intelligent and braveness endowed on us lesser mortals.

I was a theist in my childhood as a result of my upbringing then ventured into dark arena of atheism and remained there until I could afford the lugubriousness caused by my repeated failures. Then I realized I can no longer take it alone and started searching for a safe lap where I can fall every time I loose and I found it in the form of good old religion. This was the first time I realized why majority of us are so much keen devotees of religion, because we lack the courage to face embarrassing of our continued throughout life.


Although I have lost many times, before and after converting to theism (Conversion to religious brigade doesn’t reduce the probability of losing) but there is a change in my attitude. The change is that earlier I used to feel responsible for my failures now I just blame it to my destiny written or decided by the unknown force. Like any other event losing also has its benefits. I have lost so many important battles in my life that losing on professional or career front doesn’t worry me anymore because I do feel this time’s defeat is nothing in comparison to its earlier counterparts.

Anyway I should not take chance and should not directly challenge that unknown force. May be it really exists, as I already admitted the bounds of human intelligentsia are limited. I don’t know whether God exists or not, whether concepts of hell and heaven have any modicum of reality in their existence. But I can audaciously accept my vulgar truth that If I always use to win, or my intelligentsia were without limits, I would not believed in any such hypothesis.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rahul Dev Sharma said...

Dear dude,
would like to say you tried to pen down a great thought......... but lost somewhere due to your well-known biased love for alien words.....

OK come to the article........
"I should not take chance and should not directly challenge that unknown force. May be it really exists"
is the root of all the religion........ when intelligentsia is incapable to explain some great laws of nature..he(human) brings the concept of some unknown super power..... and here the greatest creature of planet earth who never wanna to leave a single stone unturned........makes a tie-up with the superpower.. I do not know you exist or not.....but still as I have a bleak hope that you exist and quite powerful......so I will do whatever you like(as per my assumption) and in return you should not cross my path of achievements,success and my endeavor towards fulfilling my all dreams.............. the gist of all the crape written above is... concept of god may not be there to put all the blames of failure on god..........but may be men's unparalleled love towards to fulfill all his wishes ......... and in the process of achieving his goals he do not want to take a risk of ignoring the mighty god(if he exist)..... and he puts aside a chunk of effort and attention for the highly selfish wicked superpower mighty god (as per all religion that this powerful dude only helps when you worship him makes him even more wicked compared to all known ones)

9:54 AM, July 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home